Friday, December 27, 2013

Disciplemaking At Home by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller Book Review





Disciplemaking at Home by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller is a practical book for parents who want to guide their children in following Christ.  There are a few principles that instruct parents along this journey.  They are Build Relationship, Share Scripture and Practice the Faith.  The book begins by looking toward the destination.  The authors extend a family challenge that gives families the opportunity to deliberately pass on the faith and intentionally work on moral development.  The commitment on the journey is essential.  The book gave several examples of how families taught their children through family time, real-life situations and constant interaction.

I found this book to be directly in line with my focus.  I was encouraged by the simple ways I can be a discipler of my children at home.  It does take hard work and commitment.  But God does give me the wisdom to stay focused and be intentional.  I desire for my children to come to know the Lord and live for Him.  Is this a desire of yours as well?  This book is a great resource to navigate this adventure in discipling children.

*I received this book for review from National Center for Biblical Parenting.  All opinions are my own.*

1 comment:

Ed Miller said...

Thanks for this great review Shonda. You hit the nail on the head.