Monday, May 5, 2014

Parenting Shifts Series: Elementary Foundations (Parenting Wisdom for Ages 5-8) by Turansky and Miller Review



Elementary Foundations is a book for parents with children ages 5-8.  It talks specifically about different parenting approaches for this age range.  These children have moved out of the preschool years, but are still in foundation building for values and character.  As children grow in these elementary years, parents have the great privilege to teach many important lessons.  This book outlines 42 lessons written in short chapters packed with stories, ideas and words of life to share with your kids.  This is a great time to make some important parenting shifts toward training godly children.

I really enjoyed reading this book as my oldest son is now 5 years old.  I really want to be a positive parent and show my son how to live God's way.  I appreciate the wisdom shared in this book and I plan to implement one idea at a time.  Some chapters that I really liked- The Family is a Team, The Most Important Words and Building a Strong Spiritual Foundation.

The Parenting Shift Series from National Center for Biblical Parenting includes:
*The Baby Adventure (Birth to 12 months)
*Toddlers on the Move (12-36 months)
*Preschooler Explorers (3-5 years)
*Elementary Foundations (5-8 years)
*Cultivating Responsibility (9-12 years)

Be sure to check them out as well as other great resources from National Center for Biblical Parenting.  I have really benefited from these resources and so can you!

On May 30 there will be a free Kindle book from the Parenting Shift series available for 5 days.  Be looking for that. More information later.

*I was given a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. *

1 comment:

Ed Miller said...

Great review Shonda. I hope you will find these 42 principles very helpful in your family.