Thursday, February 9, 2012

Learning Activity: Valentine Fun (Candy Heart Math)

I actually took these pictures LAST year, but never posted. I was pregnant at the time and things were just piling up on me. But life still has NOT slowed down, but I found this and decided to show you a few things we did with candy hearts.


Candy Heart Pattern

Matching candy hearts with same colors

Counting colored candy hearts

This year with candy hearts I'm also going to add:
*Matching and then graphing
*Putting numbers in the bottom of  a muffin tin and putting correct numbers of candy hearts in them
*Daily estimation jar for 1 week
*Drawing big hearts and seeing how many candy hearts we can fit inside

What ideas can you add to these?  I would love to try more!

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Fun stuff, even if it was from last year!