Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Bible Reading Adventure- Time to Sign UP!!



Some of you joined me for our Summer Bible Reading Adventure. Now it's time to start our Fall Bible Reading Adventure.  So the main goal for this adventure is to read the Bible EVERY DAY to our kids.  It might sound tough, but it is doable and it will reap great results for you and your children.

I will do a Monday-Friday schedule with weekends for re-reading the same passage and doing a little extra "study" if you want.  I have been involved with Good Morning Girls for almost 2 years and I love their Bible study format.  In GMG, we break down a full book of the Bible into 12 weeks worth of reading. I'm going to take that concept and apply it here for our reading adventure.

I love the book of 1 John!  I actually studied it last Fall with Good Morning Girls.  So I would like to revisit that book with my kids this Fall along with you!

Here is the schedule:

We wills start October 1 and read until  November 30.  That's 2 months of reading the Bible EVERY DAY.

Here's what you need to do:
1. Fill out this form to join: Fall Bible Reading Adventure
2. Download and print the printable from Scripture Adventures so you can keep track of your reading. Click on Download Reading Charts. We will only be using October and November.
3. Get the reading plan for 1 John. Download as a PDF.  (You can also read your own verses.)

I am going to print the Scripture Adventures download off and then flip and print the I John Bible Reading Plan that I created.  Every day we will read the verses and then mark off a number on the calendar.

There are two Review/Study days built in.  I will give you ideas for these days next week!

I will post the daily verses on my Facebook page from the New Living Translation (which is what I will be reading). 


Would you like to join me?  Fill out this form and every week I will have a check in. I will post a check-in on this blog, so either subscribe by email or I will have a check in button on the side bar.    I will give a prize to the family that completes the challenge by checking in weekly and answers an ending survey.  Sound good?

Prize will be A Christmas Adventure from Scripture Adventures.





No comments: