Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood Week #5 Part B



We are now in our last week in the short series on Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood with Joy Forney's ebook based from her blog series last winter.  You can pick up the free ebook at GraceFullMama.

My ideas for Continual, Competent Teaching:
1. Bible teaching- We do this daily at breakfast, throughout the day in teachable moments and we try to do a Family Worship time in the evening with daddy
2. Read,read,read!  We read books throughout the day, but I really do need to get back into the habit of visiting the library.  I try to read different kinds of books to my kids- 2 fiction and one non-fiction, magazines, posters, menus, labels, etc.
3. Arts and Crafts- I have really made it a habit to do at least one craft project a week.  I like to do them with our Bible stories and also make letter crafts.  Right now we are starting paper plate crafts that I do with both kids from The Activity Mom.  And I have found tons of ideas on Pinterest
4. Cooking- I try to get the kids to cook something with me once a week.  Shrade knows names of lots of ingredients and he likes to help get things from the refrigerator.  I want to have him plan a meal sometime and have him make it!
5. Nature walks- We go on lots of nature walks in our area on the weekends with daddy (who teaches us about the plants).  Here is a wonderful hike we took this summer: Naches Trail
6. Chore Teaching- This is a huge area that I'm working on right now. It's amazing to see how much my children can do. I like the lists from Money Saving Mom.
7. Manners teaching- This is ongoing all day long too.  I reviewed a great book that I plan to sift through again as I continue to teach about manners: Manners That Matter for Moms by Maralee McKee
8. Speak up- Right now as I'm teaching my children about God, they are very curious and I pray someday that I will be able to teach them how to share their faith when they choose to live for God!


So what are your ideas for this last area of motherhood from this book?

What did you enjoy most from this series?  Thanks for letting me share one of my favorite ebooks on motherhood with you.  If you have not downloaded this yet, I highly recommend it.  It's a good refresher course to keep you on track of where you want to be as a mother.

Blessings, Shonda

No comments: