Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sharing Easter with My Children

Here is a short little lesson that I did with my kids today sharing the Easter story:

Egg hunt
*I hid 6 eggs that had "treasures" that told the story of Easter.  My son got these from MOPS, but you could also use Resurrection Eggs.  The items were bread, coins, thorns, cross, stone, empty.


*After finding the eggs we opened each one and read the Bible verses on the papers inside.

God's Wonderful Surprise

*I showed the DVD from the Jesus Storybook Bible about the Resurrection.



Coloring Page- He is Risen



*I printed off this coloring page for the kids to color from Ministry for Children
Easter coloring picture with the phrase "He is Risen"

Don't forget to share this powerful story with your children no matter what age. If you have questions, please ask. I have many resources you can check out. You can also see my Pinterest Board full of great ideas!

My son has been asking for me to read "Jesus" stories. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home and share Jesus with my children.

No comments: