Wednesday, August 14, 2013

PreK Daily Learning Notebook (age 4-5)

I am so excited about this year!  I finally figured out what I wanted to do with my son and all the pieces are falling into place.  I stumbled around all last year due to the fact that my daughter became mobile and I felt like everything was falling apart.  My teacher instinct (12 years in the classroom) felt all out of place.  So, I have literally been spending lots of time scouring the internet for what will work best for me with minimal preparation and LOADS of learning combined.

This year I am doing PreK with my son who is 4 and will be 5 in November.  It's going to be a great transition year as we look toward Kindergarten in 2014. 

My greatest idea this year was to make a notebook that contains almost all of what we will be doing this year.  I know this will keep me very organized and I can always add things to it and it won't get lost my piles of paper.

First, I downloaded this FREE PreK Daily Learning Notebook from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I sent it off to be printed by FedEx.  Now, I can start adding to it!

*What's in this PreK Daily Learning Notebook?

So, in this notebook there is a weekday sheets, weather and time, I can write my name, 100 days chart, month charts, weather graph, number pages, letter pages, and shape pages.

*What else do I add to this?

Here is a list of what I have added to this notebook: all are FREE

K4 Letter Hunt- Confessions of a Homeschooler
K4 A-Z Handwriting- Confessions of a Homeschooler
K4 1-20 Numbers Writing- Confessions of a Homeschooler
Bible Memory Verses- Raising Rock Stars Preschool at 1+1+1=1
Bible lessons- Calvary Curriculum
The Gospel in the Bible theme page- When You Rise
Report Card- Confessions of a Homeschooler (Preschool Assessment included in a free planner)
PreK Assessment sheets- Me & Marie
All About Me Safety Organizer- This Reading Mama
Goal Setting for Kids- I Can Teach My Child
Preschool Chore Chart- Homeschool Creations
Who I Am in God- Homesteader Homeschool (I couldn't remember where I found this when I made the video, but it is free too!)
Calendar Add in- Mama's Learning Corner

More printable ideas:
First School
Education.com

There are a few more things in here, but you get the basic idea!

Video of our PreK Daily Learning Notebook-

And if you want more ideas about PreK, just visit my Pinterest Board.

I will share a run down of my curriculum and how I plan to do homeschool this year in late August.  I am starting "school" on September 9 since we have visitors coming and several things to wrap up before summer ends!  Love that I can decide this!

Also, we are not going to have a wall calendar like they do in school since little sis keeps taking off the numbers.  We'll utilize that in a few years when she is older.  I'll highlight  special days on his daily learning notebook calendar. 


And stay tuned as I break down how I incorporate how I will use this during my homeschool day!

Next, I'll be sharing what I will be doing with my 2 year old daughter!

Click to see our PreK Curriculum and Toddler Curriculum plans.



1 comment:

melissa said...

We're doing a lot of the same things in our daily notebook, too. Since my boys will be in Kindergarten and Preschool in the local public schools, it's an addition to their learning, and also a way for us to include the Bible verses to learn!