Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love and Logic chp 6

Back again!  Here's some highlights from chapter 6:

Use empathy rather than anger.  It not only preserves your relationship with your child, but it also teaches respect.  It's usually not our first "natural" response, but it will be received better than anger.

So if your child is younger than three years, it's very simple.  When your child misbehaves, use empathy, and let your actions speak louder than words (change child's location or remove object).

 I've been saying, "uh,oh," with my son a lot and it's been better than me getting angry and saying "NO!"

So, give empathy a try!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thumbs up to that! This is some very good advice and it is something that bares reminding over and over. I honestly don't think I've ever read that book, I may just have to go check it out! I hope you are having a great day :o)

~Amy