Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What's on our Bookshelf? Mrs. Wishy-Washy

 
Since my son was born, I've been reading him books.  I heard about this book at a teaching seminar I went to a long time ago.  Right before I had my son, I found this book online and bought it.  I didn't know how hard it was to find.  As you can see Shrade was very interested in this book even at 3 months old.  Now, as I read it, I add a lot of animal sounds and movement!  It's a great book.   If you can find it, get it!

Reading tip: Let your child see you read.  (From 50 Simple Things you can do to Raise a Child who loves to Read)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Mrs. Wishy-Washy is a favorite around here too, we got the book from someone else so we didn't have to hunt for it..that's a bummer that it's hard to find but atleast you found it...YAY!! There is another book called Mr. Wishy-Washy that is equally fun and I don't know if it will be equally hard to find but if you enjoy the Mrs. you'll enjoy Mr.

I have a question. Do you have any suggestions on the use of speech curriculums coming from Public School, we are on the hunt for a good one?

Shonda said...

I have never heard of Mr. Wishy Washy. Sounds good!

Christy said...

Looks like such a cute book. I'll have to look for it. Thank you for sharing about it!

Candi said...

What a fun book! It's so sweet to see little one loving books!

Ginny Marie said...

I love the photo of you reading with your little one! I started reading books to my girls when they were three months old or younger and I really think that's one of the reasons they were both early talkers.

silly eagle books said...

That is an adorable picture of you two! And I've never read that book, so you know I am going to have to find a copy. :) Thanks so much for linking up!