Monday, January 31, 2011

Brightly Beaming Resources: Week 3- Kittens


This week our theme was Kittens.  Vocab word- claws. Shape- diamond. Number- 3. Letter- C.  Nursery Rhyme- Pussy Cat.  You can find a thorough lesson plan at Brightly Beaming Resources.

So our basic schedule looks like this.  I take about 10 minutes a day for "school" time.  That's about all Shrade and I can handle.  I usually review the poster and then jump into the "lesson."  I also read a book related to the theme and have an art project or activity/game to play.  Like I said, it's very short, but meaningful.  Then when daddy gets home we talk about what we learned.  It's great to see him repeating what we talked about earlier in the day.  Very good exercise for the brain!

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

10 minutes is plenty for a young child! Just think about reading and other stuff that you do, too, that is learning!

(I got kicked off from the gmail chat...sorry! I was enjoying our little talk! Will see if you are on later when it works again.)