Friday, April 15, 2011

21 Day Warrior Prayer Challenge Week #3



It's been such a privilege to pray for my son, but more than that, I'm learning what God's Word is showing me about what to teach to my son.  I find that during this week as we have started to pray the fruits of the Spirit that I am in need of many of these attributes.  How can I show my son what love, joy and peace are if I am not living them myself?  So, Lord, please give me those fruits so I can share them with my son that he may make them a part of his life as well.

5 comments:

Cinda said...

I am right there with you Shonda! I am so blessed to be praying with other moms of boys.

Heidi said...

I do agree that it has also shown me areas that I need to work in and be an example to my boys as well.

Lyn said...

Yes, me too! I too have been shown this week how I need the fruits of the Spirit in My life. It has been a joy to be praying for my son and know that other Mom's are praying for their sons as well.

Haelie said...

Amen, Shonda! Great thoughts on this 21 Days challenge!

The Farmer Files said...

So true! What we model is the example we set for our own sons.