Monday, December 12, 2011

Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin Book Review




Ever since I had my second baby in May, I have been running on empty.  I never knew how much taking care of two kids could wring me dry.  My son is now at a very challenging age and I have drowned in my anger, selfishness and crying.  I have nothing left to give to anyone after a long day of teaching, training and doing the constant housewife duties.  Does anyone feel like me?  I recently found these two great blogs for moms of boys (The MOB society) and moms of girls (The MOD squad).  I have finally not felt so alone in my weariness!  Last month The MOB society had a series on Saturday called Hope for the Weary Mom.  I was encouraged weekly to have hope despite all the mess that I'm in as a mom.  Recently, Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin brought all the posts together in an ebook complete with questions, verses, resources and a Weary Mom Manifesto.

Are you a weary mom?  Do you need some hope?  You can get your FREE ebook by clicking on THIS LINK and subscribing to either the The MOB society or The MOD squad.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

In a blogosphere where it seems that *everyone* has their act together but me, it is wonderful to know that I'm not alone in my weariness! Thank you so much for sharing this resource!

Shonda said...

You are welcome, Victoria! Yes, I feel like *everyone else* has it all together but me! How do they do it all and be all perky? This was a great encouragement for my perfectionistic tendencies.