Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Bible Reading Adventure: Fruit of the Spirit

I thought I would do something a little different.  I am trying to stay offline and do less blogging, but I still want to stay connected to my readers.  I have enjoyed sharing ideas for Bible Reading Adventures this past year.  

This summer I thought we would explore the Fruit of the Spirit.  You can choose from the variety of ideas that I will share here to make your own Bible Reading Adventure.  My desire is for you to spend at least 5 days a week reading the Bible to your kids.  It could just be one verse a day or a small passage.

I'm excited about what we will learn this summer about the Fruit of the Spirit! Taken from Galatians 5:22-23.  This adventure starts June 1 and ends August 31.

*Bible Reading Chart:
Scripture Adventures (FREE)
Use this chart to mark off each day that you read.

*Lesson Ideas:
iKids- Fruit of the Spirit Lesson ideas from iKidsonline
Especially for Tweens- Free Fruit of the Spirit Christian Study for Kids.
Ministry to Children has a great set of ideas for lessons including coloring sheets, games and music.




*Crafts:
Christian Preschool Printables have some great craft ideas, games, and mini-books.

*Devotional:
Raising Arrows has created a great devotional to use with young children.

*Music:
Seeds Family Worship- The Fruit Song

*Podcast Program:
We like to listen to Karen and Kids on iTunes through podcasts. She has two episodes on the Fruit of the Spirit.

*Kids Character Chart:
Heavenly Homemakers has a cute little chart to use to teach the Fruit of the Spirit.
fruitofthespirit
Click here to view more details


I hope that I've given you some good ideas for having a Fruit of the Spirit summer.  Some more ideas are to find other verses that address each of the fruits: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. 

I need to cultivate the Fruit of the Spirit as much as my kids.  I pray that you will develop these character qualities and that God will transform your life!

And a great resource just for MOMS is Parenting from the Overflow by Teri Lynne Underwood that goes through each of the Fruit of the Spirit.  I got this when it was free on Amazon (I always snag those deals!).


2 comments:

April said...

Oh, how I can relate to guarding your online time, VERY understandable!! Thank you for so many wonderful suggestions! The boys and I will be joining you! The devotional from raising arrows looks great, I printed it off and also the coloring pages that they had too! Thinking of purchasing the chart from heavenly homemakers too!! I just bookmarked this post so I can come back and use many of the ideas! Thanks and have a great summer!

Shonda said...

April- So glad you are joining! I need it more for myself than my kids!!