Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Monthly Plan- 2013

I totally skipped April!  I had way too much going on.  My husband and I went to Palm Springs for a week and I've been spending the last two weeks getting life back in order.

BIBLE

*Bible Verses: We use verses from Songs for Saplings. I love that all the verses are songs. It makes it so easy to remember.

-O verse- "I will Obey your Word." Psalm 119:17

Bible verse activities and printables from Totally Tots


 
Story time: We are going to continue using the Calvary Curriculum (FREE) and do Bible crafts as well as read from our Bible story books.



We also do free Bible lessons that we get in the mail from The Mailbox Club.

Focus of the month: Obedience
*Resources from Character Concepts- Crossroads of Character and Hands on Character Building
*Excellent lesson plans from Kids of Integrity (free!)

LESSONS:
*Milk N' Honey Preschool:
I have abandoned my original plan which was took too much time to prepare with 2 little ones running around.  But I might try it again in the fall.  So here is what we are currently doing which is working well although I don't feel quite as creative.

-Reading- BOB books with printables (see Pinterest board for links to blogs for free printables)
 
All About Reading


I like using this because I don't have to plan anything and the activities are intentional, fun and full of great learning!  Thumbs up for All about Learning!
 
Be sure to pick up your FREE activity book from All About Learning.

-Writing- tracing name, sensory ebook, drawing

-Crafts- Paper plate crafts that will include Jessna


*Also with Jessna  who is turning TWO years old this month I'm going to try 5-10 activities from these websites:
*Pocketful of Posies- Toddler Time
*Activity Mom- Learning with your Toddler
*FamilyEducation.com- Activities for Toddlers





*Sensory Play:
-water play
-playdough 
-rice







We will be using a lot of these activities when we learn the letters!


*Daily Music time:
Songs from Music Notes and CD's we get at the library.
Piano Lessons with Music In Me.





*Art:
 -watercolor painting
-using paintbrush
-coloring
-crafts
-cutting
-gluing

*Field Trips:
Playdates
MOPS 
Library story time for Preschool
Mall playground
Nature Center
Play to Learn- free community program

Math:
Hands on activities from Hands On As We Grow



*Other Activities
Check out my Pinterest Boards for Preschool Ideas and more! 
Follow Me on Pinterest

We are also working through a BIG Preschool Workbook for ages 3-5.


*Skills/Chores:
 Shrade (4 years) chore ideas for 4 year olds from Money Saving Mom
Jessna (2 years) chore ideas for Toddlers from Money Saving Mom


We started a new chore chart that I love and that is working.


Cooking:
We are going to try some non-reader recipes with Kids Cooking Activities.  Hopefully 1-2 a month!



I will also use the Preschool and Toddler calendars from Preschool Express.

And we use Highlights Hidden Pictures Playground Club for extra fun!
Highlights Book Clubs



And I'm starting to use 2013 Summer Survival Calendar ! Yay!
2013 Summer Survival Calendar
Click on the picture above to get your copy today for only $5.


Stay tuned to what I will be doing this summer for "school," reading, activities, summer camp and more!  Also, I will be doing another Bible Reading Adventure for the summer!







No comments: