Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Learning Activity : Painting (Art)

So we (well, I) decided to do some messy art with Shrade.  He doesn't like mess and I don't either, but I thought we should do it anyway.  So we made Creamy Soap Flake Fingerpaint which I found the recipe in First Art by MaryAnn F. Kohl.
Recipe:
*2 cups warm water
*1 cup Ivory soap flakes (I just used my cheese grater)
*Beat until stiff and add food coloring
Well, I think I did more painting than Shrade.  He did not really want to have anything to do with the paint.  I went into this project with NO expectations.  Yes, I did spend more time preparing and cleaning, but I did make an experience for my son and we will try again!  :)

So what did you do for your Milk N' Honey today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun craft! I find that it takes longer to set up JDaniel's crafts than it takes him to do them.

Amy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing, we will definatly have to try this.