Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Learning Activity: Recognizing pictures

So, in my 12 years of teaching Kindergarten I have accumulated a lot of stuff.  I have started pulling a few things out for Shrade to look at.  He really liked this short vowel poster.  He started pointing to pictures and I told him what they were.  Now he can identify about 4-5 pictures on this chart.  He even started saying "apple" since we took this out!  One thing I thought was interesting is that he didn't even notice the letters, but I pointed them out to him anyway.

Have fun learning!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to use all that stored material. He is doing so well.

Amy said...

So cute! I am a teacher also! Thank you for participating in Meetup Monday!

Angela said...

What a good idea. I have some of these type posters. I need to pull them out for Sammy. He is only babbling now, but we can make out a few words.

Surviving Little People said...

Ok your blog is so super adorable I am so grabbing your button!! Have a fabulous day!!

I♥thesecrazykids said...

What a smart little guy he is going to be.