Friday, May 28, 2010

(Mostly) Free and Fun Friday: Parent/Child Class

This last 8 weeks we attended a parent/child class sponsored through a local technical college.  It was a wonderful experience.  The class was for toddlers ages 12 months - 2years old.  We met in a preschool classroom for 1.5 hours on Fridays for 8 weeks.  We sang songs, played at centers, had a parent discussion time and had snack.
Shrade learned a lot about social interaction and also following directions.  I learned a lot about parenting and I got some great ideas for songs and activities that I can do at home with my son.  Every week the parents had a different topic like discipline, potty training, self-esteem and fun things to do with toddlers.  If you can find a program like this in your area, I would highly recommend it.  I attended a special Mom and Me tea and received a $50 gift certificate to register for this class.

1 comment:

Karen Ziemkowski said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Your little one is sooo cute! :)

Hey, I was your 100th follower! Yay! I hope you'll come check out my blog, too! :)