Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood Week #1 Part A



This week we are starting our short series on Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood with Joy Forney's ebook based on her blog series last winter.  You can pick up the free ebook at GraceFullMama.

I wanted to re-visit this series again because it impacted me so much last year.  I really want to cultivate a heart for motherhood amidst all the chaos that consumes my day.  I get tired, cranky and frustrated when things don't go "MY" way.  I want to develop a different attitude and a different heart that is more like Jesus than Shonda.

Assignment: Read chapters 1 & 2, work on the printable "Pouring Out Your Heart to Jesus" and spend time reviewing verses in chapter 2 and ask God how to best love and nurture your children.

I have felt like Joy many times thinking "what in the world am I doing?" and "does anything I am doing matter?"  I have a great vision for my children and myself, but I don't know how to get there!  I sometimes feel like giving up.  But I know that I must never give up, never.

On Thursday, I will share some of what I poured out from my heart to Jesus.  I am going to be honest about my failures, but I also cling to a Hope that will always lift me up.  I am not a perfect mom and I don't want to be.  I want to be a mom who walks with Jesus to be the best mom I can be for my little ones.

No comments: