This is our second week in the short series on Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood with Joy Forney's ebook based from her blog series last winter. You can pick up the free ebook at GraceFullMama.
The Vision for My Home:
I am so blessed to be able to stay at home, but I have squandered a lot of my time. I want to be more intentional because I have a grand vision for my home.
- I want to enjoy my children, play and have fun.
- I want to teach them life skills- cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry.
- I want to teach them interpersonal skills- relating to others with respect.
- I want to teach them academically.
- I want to teach them godly values. Have regular devotion and prayer time. Use teachable moments, create moments for learning.
- I want them to accept Jesus into their heart. I want to model what living for Jesus looks like.
- I want to have wisdom, be calm and gentle in my discipline.
- I want them to feel loved, cared for and nurtured.
- I want them to be able to come to me with anything on their hearts.
- I want to listen to them and be there for them.
- I want to plan fun activities.
- I want to have real conversations.
- I want to sing songs, read, memorize verses and color with them.
- I want to be silly and roll on the floor.
- I want them to feel important.
- I want to have goals for them and help them achieve them.
- I want to be focused on them and not distracted.
- I want to have a peaceful atmosphere.
- I want to be a godly mom who prays for my kids.
"A wise woman builds her home..." Proverbs 14:1
I love my babies!!
What vision do you have for your home? I would love to hear about it!