Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood Week #2 Part B



This is our second week in the short series on Cultivating a Heart for Motherhood with Joy Forney's ebook based from her blog series last winter.  You can pick up the free ebook at GraceFullMama.

The Vision for My Home:

I am so blessed to be able to stay at home, but I have squandered a lot of my time.  I want to be more intentional because I have a grand vision for my home.

  • I want to enjoy my children, play and have fun.
  • I want to teach them life skills- cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry.
  • I want to teach them interpersonal skills- relating to others with respect.
  • I want to teach them academically.
  • I want to teach them godly values.  Have regular devotion and prayer time.  Use teachable moments, create moments for learning.
  • I want them to accept Jesus into their heart.  I want to model what living for Jesus looks like.
  • I want to have wisdom, be calm and gentle in my discipline.
  • I want them to feel loved, cared for and nurtured.
  • I want them to be able to come to me with anything on their hearts.
  • I want to listen to them and be there for them.
  • I want to plan fun activities.
  • I want to have real conversations.
  • I want  to sing songs, read, memorize verses and color with them.
  • I want to be silly and roll on the floor.
  • I want them to feel important.
  • I want to have goals for them and help them achieve them.
  • I want to be focused on them and not distracted.
  • I want to have a peaceful atmosphere.
  • I want to be a godly mom who prays for my kids.
Thank you, Lord, for this special job you gave to me.
"A wise woman builds her home..." Proverbs 14:1

I love my babies!!


What vision do you have for your home? I would love to hear about it!

No comments: