Sunday, September 1, 2013

Spiritual Theme 2013-2014: Fruit of the Spirit

When I taught at a Christian school they had a Spiritual Theme every year.  I wish I had saved all that paperwork, but God will give me the ideas I need for my family.  I think the Spiritual Theme sounds familiar since I wanted to use it for our Summer Bible Reading Adventure that I never did.  Ooops!  I definitely did not plan well this past summer.  Forgive me!  However, I have a new and better plan!

So this year I would really like to learn and grow in the Fruit of the Spirit.  Notice, this is more for me, but I am the model for my children.  I am going to use many of the resources I mentioned for the Summer Bible Reading Adventure.  I will spend a month on each fruit.  There will be a theme verse with lessons and activities for the month.

Spiritual Theme 2013-2014: Fruit of the Spirit

from Galatians 5:22-23

September- LOVE
October- JOY
November- PEACE
December- PATIENCE
January- KINDNESS
February- GOODNESS
March- FAITHFULNESS
April- GENTLENESS
May- SELF-CONTROL


*Lesson Ideas:
iKids- Fruit of the Spirit Lesson ideas from iKidsonline
Especially for Tweens- Free Fruit of the Spirit Christian Study for Kids.
Ministry to Children has a great set of ideas for lessons including coloring sheets, games and music.




*Crafts:
Christian Preschool Printables have some great craft ideas, games, and mini-books.

*Devotional:
Raising Arrows has created a great devotional to use with young children.

*Music:
Seeds Family Worship- The Fruit Song

*Podcast Program:
We like to listen to Karen and Kids on iTunes through podcasts. She has two episodes on the Fruit of the Spirit.

*Kids Character Chart:
Heavenly Homemakers has a cute little chart to use to teach the Fruit of the Spirit.
fruitofthespirit
Click here to view more details



And a great resource just for MOMS is Parenting from the Overflow by Teri Lynne Underwood that goes through each of the Fruit of the Spirit.  I got this when it was free on Amazon (I always snag those deals!).



No comments: