Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Guest Post: What's on My Bookshelf? I Love You Through and Through by Melissa (Nouns and Violets)


I Love You Through And Through 
For my son's first birthday his Nana and Papa gave him the soft-covered board book, I Love You Through and Through. This sweet story is told in rhyme and teaches body parts and opposites. It's about a little boy who is loved for his inside and outside; he is loved for his hair and eyes, his giggles and cries.

The writing is geared for little ones up to preschool age but any kid will enjoy the cute illustrations of the spiky-haired toddler and his teddy bear. The story has an important message for all children to hear. As author Bernadette Rosetti-Shustak says, “I Love You Through and Through is about unconditional love and total acceptance.” Her inspiration came from conversations with her children and cousins about the absolute love they felt from their grandfather.

My one year-old son has a great attention span but this 24-page book is an easy and enjoyable read, one you will have fun telling over and over again. Through repetition children build listening, vocabulary, and memory skills. I like to settle in with my little guy for some cuddle time and wiggle his fingers and toes when I say the words, which is a great way to get him involved in the story.

I Love You Through And Through, snagged the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award in 2006 and is a popular pick for many parents. You will appreciate this book “through and through... yesterday, today, and tomorrow, too.”

Our guest blogger today:
Melissa Choate is a native Phoenician and stay at home mom to a teenage girl and one year old son.  Her blog, Nouns and Violets, is about family life and fun stuff in Phoenix.  Her pink laptop is like an extra appendage - she is rarely seen without it!  When she's not spending time with her family or blogging she's working on a novel that she hopes to finish sometime this century.

No comments: