Thursday, September 9, 2010

Growing Kids God's Way: How to Raise a Moral Child

I am SO excited to be sharing this fabulous parenting class that my husband and I are taking right now with you this Fall.  I took Growing Kids God's Way when I was a first year teacher and I still remember some of the principles.  Now that I am a parent, I am even more eager to learn how to be a godly parent and lead my child to Him.  We are taking this class at our church for 18 weeks so I will be sharing bits and pieces that we learn each week.  If this information peaks your interest, then I encourage you to find a class in your area and take it as soon as you can.  The world that we are raising our children in is ugly and the only choice we have is to lead our children in God's Way!

Session One: How to Raise a Moral Child
*Deuteronomy 6: 4-7- moral training starts with the PARENTS!!
*beginning at age 3 teach the moral "why", not only do children need to know how to things right, they need to know why
*Train in periods of non-conflict
*put the moral principles in the heart

This is just a basic view of what we are studying, but I hope it gives you something to chew on. Next week: Right Beginnings. Blessings, Shonda

No comments: