Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School Link Up Party at ABC and 123!

Hi, my name is Shonda and my son is 21 months old.  You wonder why I'm writing a "Back to School" post.  Well, I was a former Kindergarten teacher and I have been reading and playing with my son for 21 months, but I hope to homeschool someday and I want to get back into a little planning and have a little structure for me and Shrade.  I have a ton of ideas and I will use bits and parts.  Mostly I just want to experience life and learning with my little guy.

Here are the resources I will be using to plan my year:

*Totally Tots
*Tot School

*Delicious Ambiguity- Toddler busy bags

*No Time for Flashcards
*The Activity Mom
*Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve
*Songs for Saplings- Scripture memory
*Activities by Angie- an ebook that I reviewed earlier this year
*Mozi-Esme blog
*I can teach my child
*Silly Eagle Books- crafts

*Nancy Stewart- Music

*Pamm's House
*Brightly Beaming Resources
*TV Free Toddler Time

So for September, this is my plan: Focus- Letter A
-Bible Verse: "Keep me as the apple of your eye." Psalm 17:8 (Songs for Saplings)
-Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve
Letter A song, make Apple Bread (recipe in book)
-TV Free Toddler Time activities- Food Sorting, Soda Bottle Bowling Time
-Mozi-Esme blog art ideas: Apple prints and egg carton ants
-Book Activity- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader (felt story- colors, animals)
-Math- counting 1,2,3- stairs, toys, snacks, etc.
-Manners/Chores- take plates back to sink, put things in garbage, practice drinking from a cup, put on clothes, clean up toys, say please and thank you, give mama 5-15 min quiet time while playing in same room, give mama and daddy "couch time"

3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you have some great plans underway and resources to tap in to! Happy teaching with your little one.

Leandrea at Coupons Are Great said...

Thanks for joining us for Making Friends Monday. We are blog hopping again this week and would love for you to join the fun. Thanks for following me. I am now following you back!
- Leandrea
http://couponsaregreat.net/2010/09/12/making-friends-monday-913/

- Your blog is adorable! I will definitely be back!

Anne said...

What a great bunch of resources! I have my 4 year old in a 2 hour, 2 day/week preschool, so I'm not exactly homeschooling, but I'm feeling you as another former teacher, and I defintely want to include learning activities in our day!