Monday, April 16, 2012

Brightly Beaming Resources Week #23: Snow



With this beautiful spring weather we are having it is hard to talk about snow, but we did and it was fun to reminisce about the fun winter we had with snow.  Since Shrade already experienced it, we pretended to build a snowman and throw snowballs at each other while listening to a song about snow.  Look at what else we did and made.

Also, our Nursery Rhyme was Little Miss Muffet.  Stay tuned to my blog for some Phonemic Awareness activities with nursery rhymes!

Hexagon

Making a Hexagon with pens


Learning Letter W


W is for Winter
We use No Time for Flashcards uppercase alphabet craft ideas.

Also, I was a K teacher for many years and I went up into the attic and found this great teaching tool that I'm going to start using.  It's a flipchart with song, sung to familiar tunes, for each letter of the alphabet.  It's called: ABC Sing-Along Flip Chart & CD: 26 Delightful Songs Set to Your Favorite Tunes That Build Phonemic Awareness & Teach Each Letter of the Alphabet


Our song for this week: Sung to the tune of Mary Had a Little Lamb
Willy would not wear a hat, wear a hat, wear a hat
Willy would not wear a hat, it made his hair too flat.

We talked about rhyming words, and even made up some other articles of clothing in place of hat.  Ta-da!  Phonemic Awareness!


Snowball Fight: Studying #23
We counted and threw 23 "snowballs"

We had a blast!



Our snowman craft came from Busy Bee Crafts.  Love this site!

I use Brightly Beaming Resources as my base, but I add many of my own ideas as well.

January Snow- Shrade's first snowman with daddy's help


Books we read:



3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful family environment! Hats off to you :)

Bekah said...

Looks like he had a blast!!! Good job, mama! :) Did he like Clifford's First Snow Day? I got it from the library back in January and it became my son's favorite!!!

Bekah said...

Awesome Snow Unit - Great Job!!! :) We love Clifford's First Snow Day, so for next winter theme I'll have a story corner post with activities for that book. :)