Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Monthly Plan


*Bible Verse:  Spring verse- 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation."  AND Easter verse- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.  He was buried and he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."  We did this verse last year and loved it!
Songs for Saplings 
We are making a little book for these verses and we sing them everyday during our "Bible study" time.

Bible verse activities from Totally Tots

EASTER: See my Easter post

*Brightly Beaming Resources:  We are using the Preparatory Curriculum for 2-4 year olds for Shrade.
We are almost done!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Then we will start preschool.  See my Preschool Plans

I know it's funny we will be doing snow in April, but it is what it is!


*Brightly Beaming Baby:   Jessna is now 11 months old for the Nursery Age lessons.  Each lesson is  2 weeks long and includes literature, poems,   nursery rhymes, Bible,  speech & vocab, classical music, lullaby,   foreign language  (I'm going to do some Spanish and sign language), baby game, exercise  and baby massage.  I love these lessons because they   give me a focus  on what I can do to entertain my baby!  It's fun and she   loves it.  I  hope to do more things with her! 




*Sensory Play:
-water play- loves this!
-playdough 
-outside!






We will be using a lot of these activities when we learn the letters!


*Literature Connection
Not sure if I can get a literature connection in, so I will not focus on this area.  We read lots of books and our weekly themes include so much I think we will work on literature connections later.

However, I did find this great blog with book crafts, so I will be checking it out for ideas: Adventures in Reading with Kids- highlighting a book a day for 365 days.

*Fun With Colors
Every month this year I will pick a different color to focus on for one week.  For April I chose PURPLE!  I will be using ideas from  Totline 123 Colors : Color Day Activities for Young Children (1-2-3 Series: Ages 3-6) by Jean Warren.

*Daily Music time: Songs from Music Notes and CD's we get at the library. 

*Pre-Math Activities
 I'll be using this book Totline 123 Math: Pre-Math Activities for Working With Young Children (1-2-3 Series, Math: Ages 3-6) by Jean Warren. 
.



*Art:
 -watercolor painting
-using paintbrush
-coloring

*Field Trips:
Playdates
MOPS
Library story time for Preschool
Childcare- during Bible study
Mall playground


Pretend Play:
-building a fort
-cooking
-dress up with scarves and hats

*Other Activities
I also have found other activities that I have put on my Pinterest boards: Preschool Activities.  Come follow me!
Follow Me on Pinterest

We also are going to start working on some skills like cutting, tracing and working through a preschool book for ages 3-5.


*Skills/Chores:
 What Shrade can do: 3 years of age
-When asking a question to mommy and daddy, begin with "May I please...?"
-wash hands/face
-taking off clothes and put in laundry basket
-putting clothes on
-drinking from cup
-throw away garbage/recycling
-clean up messes on the floor
-put dishes in the sink
-help put dishes away from the dishwasher
-put clothes in the washer (I don't have him do this often)
-Help mama with the baby
-Cooking with mama
-spelling his name
-potty trained!
-gets his own water

 What we are working on:
-clean up toys- say "yes, mama" when asked without whining or crying- still working on this
-brushing teeth (we need to work on this)
-wash face and hands and brush hair
-put on coat and zipper
-feed the chickens!
-playing gently with sister

Jessna is working on:
*first moments of discipline- what to touch, what not to touch
*learning how to sign "more"

No comments: