Monday, May 28, 2012

Brightly Beaming Resources Week #26: Airplanes

This is our last week with the Brightly Beaming Resources Prep Curriculum.  I can't believe it's been 1.5 years since I started. Shrade had just turned 2 and now he's 3.5.   I had no idea I would actually do all of this and I think I got more creative in the process as well as I had to make things a bit more challenging as Shrade got older.

This week we learned about airplanes.  We had a lot of fun pretending to fly around the house.  And whenever we were outside we would look for contrails.  We even drew grey contrails on a poster one day.  For letter Z, we made a zebra and built letter Z with blocks.  For 100, we counted 100 blocks and made them into a shape of an airplane!  And on the last day we made paper airplanes.  And our Nursery Rhyme was Old King Cole. What a fun week!
Flying like an airplane!
I'm an airplane!
Making letter Z with blocks/song chart
Z is for zebra


Drawing grey contrails behind planes
Our 100 block airplane!
Paper airplane
*Brightly Beaming Resources Lesson 26: Airplanes
*No Time for Flashcards- Zebra craft

Here's the video I used to make our paper airplane:


Books we read:



You can access all my Brightly Beaming Resources posts on my blog HERE.
You can access all my Brightly Beaming Resource posts on Pinterest HERE.

What's next?  Glad you asked!  Well, we are going to start doing lapbooks for each letter of the alphabet and I'm excited to try some new things with Shrade.  So stay tuned for my Preschool Posts and in the meantime, you can check out my Preschool Plans Page.










The Philosopher's Wife

1 comment:

Rachel @ The Philosophers Wife said...

Great stuff! I love the 100 block airplane. Thank you for linking up! :-)