Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Learning Activity: Block Design

When I taught Kindergarten, I had to do testing for incoming students at the beginning of February. We did lots of little games and I remember one activity we did with blocks that I tried with my son. Basically, I make a design and he has to copy it. He aced it! We just did a few the other day, but I can see this would be a great learning and thinking activity as well as visual and tactile. So try it today with some blocks that you have around. I was fortunate enough during my teaching career to obtain a lot of great manipulatives that I'm using with my son.

Another idea I snagged from In Lieu of Preschool were block puzzles.  I drew designs on paper and let my son put the blocks on top. See Genny's great ideas!

1 comment:

Annette Whipple said...

Great idea! We don't have those cute little blocks...but clever!