Monday, September 12, 2011

Brightly Beaming Resources Week #13: Cars/Trucks

This week our theme was cars and trucks.  Shrade plays with cars and trucks all day long so this was perfect for him!  We did lots of "learning" activities that are little more advanced than I usually do and he's catching on.  Our nursery rhyme is See Saw Margery Daw.  Usually I don't explain the nursery rhymes, I just use touch to make it come alive by tapping his knees or another part of his body.  He sometimes starts repeating those rhymes through the day.




Tot Books & Packs



I have made a few lapbooks, but they are not very fancy or durable because I don't have a color printer or laminator.  It's OK.  We make do.  This Cars Tot Pack is from 1+1+1.  I also used some printables from the transportation theme at Homeschool Creations.


Shadow matching, counting, shapes, spelling, name

Counting/identify # and tracing (new activities)

We did a fun little scavenger hunt to work on rectangles.  I drew (very crude) pictures of items in our home that were rectangles and Shrade had to put the paper next to the object.  He did very good.  The hardest was the TV, but we don't watch it so I didn't think he would get it.  He knew window right away and he figured out dresser! 
We like to do letter of the week from No Time for Flashcards.  Of course, we had to taste the marshmallows too!  I made a line of glue and he had to put marshmallows on the line.  He did very well with this fine motor skill.
M is for marshmallow



Doing 13 arm lifts!

One of the things I did when I taught Kindergarten was to exercise when we counted.  It was a great way to count and burn off energy.  Since our numbers are getting larger that makes it fun!  Shrade learned how to count to 10 before he was 2 because we counted every time we went up the stairs.  It's amazing how quickly kids pick up on things.

Here are some books we read:
Big Truck and Little TruckMy CarCurious George and the Dump Truck (8x8 with stickers) (Curious George Green Light Reader - Level 1 (Quality))Beep Beep, Vroom Vroom! (MathStart 1)The Little Auto (Lois Lenski Books)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your lapbook! These books look wonderful too.