Sunday, September 18, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 13 (Patience)


Today we pray for Patience (page 30).

Oh, how I wish I had patience!  I need to pray for this myself so many times.  I get frustrated so quick and easily about "little things."  I know that I'm not doing my son any favors by this behavior.  I pray that I will calm down so I teach my son about patience.

From Brooke:
I'm convinced that God cares less about how much I accomplish in life...the "great things" I do in His Name...than He does about how I respond to the things He allows into my life on the daily. Some of the most accomplished in the Kingdom of Christ are those whose names you and I will never know this side of heaven. And greatness is only measured by how well we respond to Christ in the little things. Being patient for what God's plan is and not necessarily pursuing our own dreams.

"But whoever would be great among you must be your servant … " ~Matthew 20:26

Question for Discussion:
Do you think we're teaching our sons that the "little things" are what matter most?

Tomorrow (9/19) we pray for Kindness (page 31).

1 comment:

Shonda said...

I definitely am not teaching my son that little things don't matter. They do to me. If I misplace something I tear up the house looking for it and all the while muttering things like "where is it?" I would LOVE to have the art of patience! Please help me, Lord!