Saturday, September 10, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 5 (Avoiding Foolishness)


Today we pray for Avoiding Foolishness (page 20).


From Brooke:
Foolish choices bring unpleasant consequences.  But the wise man has security in loving God and all the power of heaven on his side.

Consider helping your sons to understand the difference between the foolish man and wise man using the Bible's definitions in Psalm 14:1 and Proverbs 9:10.

Question for discussion:
*Consider your own parenting style.  Is the way you interact with your son(s) targeting the heart and motivating them toward real heart change?  Or do you mainly focus on changing behavior?


Tomorrow (9/11) we pray for Pride (page 21).

3 comments:

mommy to many said...

WOW that last sentence had me stop in my thoughts! this is such a huge cry of my heart! but seeing it in writing....the heart is where it MUST change anyathng else will just remain for a while then old habbits will return but if we can just pray right and let the Holy spirit do it.his heart will long to do what right as he grows! so far from wehre we want to be yet i know becasue God's word does not return void he will do this work! not only in their hearts but in my (entire) Hoffman family! God is good

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I mainly focus on changing behavior, yes our goal is a heart change- one that knows Jesus as their Lord and Savior, but I don't think I actually FOCUS on it day in and day out. Thanks for the great questions to make me realize I need to focus on a heart change!!!

Shonda said...

Goodness, since I started this prayer week, I've been up against obstacle after obstacle with my 2 year old. He is SO defiant. I find myself wanting to change his behavior more than his heart. I know that at this age behavior comes first, but I do want to work on his heart too. I give reasons why what he is doing makes God sad. I need a heart change too in how I handle these situations.