Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 9 (Honor)


Today we pray for Honor (page 24).
Please read page 25-26 before tomorrow.

I remember when I first started dating my husband that he opened the door of the car for me.  I felt very honored.  My husband occasionally now does that, but I think teaching our sons to open doors for others is a way to display honor.

From Brooke:
There's a book by Karen Kingbury- The Princess and the Three Knights which is a book written for girls, but demonstrates how young men can defend the honor of a woman.  The message is for girls and boys.  The only knight good enough to win the heart of the princess was the one who would do anything to protect her.
That's the kind of honor I'm praying for in my sons.
 The Princess and the Three Knights
"But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good." ~Romans 2:10, NLT


Tomorrow (9/15) we pray for Love (page 27).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

My husband has been trying to do that with Jonathan-- he's trying to teach him to say "ladies first" when he opens a door- although sometimes it comes out "Jonathan first"-- lol.

Another family I knew had 1 boy and 4 daughters and they taught him to buy a flower for each of his sisters on Valentine's Day. It was so sweet!

Shonda said...

I have a perfect opportunity to train my son how to honor girls because he has a little sister and also he can honor me! I love the idea of giving a flower on Valentine's Day!

Dawn said...

My husband does a good job with Liam. Whenever he takes Liam to the store with him, he almost always come homes with flowers for me. Liam is so proud to tell me that he picked them out for me all buy himself. So sweet.