Sunday, September 11, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 6 (Pride)


Today we pray for Pride (page 21).

I want my son to have pride, but not be prideful.  I want him to achieve, but not be an overachiever so that he has a over active ego.  I want him to love God and be proud to be His son!


Encouragement from Melissa Smallwood:
Prayers for our sons must be individual to that child and sensitive to the one of a kind man God has designed each of them to be.  As long as they live their lives for God's glory, my mama's heart should be pleased and satisfied.

Question for discussion: (after reading about Daniel)
Take a moment and think about your dreams for your sons.  Be honest.  Do you dream of having sons who are "without blemish, of good appearance and skillful in wisdom, endowed with knowledge, understanding, learning and competent to stand in the king's palace?"

Daniel chose God.  And God honored Daniel and used him to draw those around him to Himself.


Tomorrow (9/12) we pray for Purity (page 22).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've really had to work on my prideful self this week. Oh, how I want my kids to be the best kids- "without blemish, good appearance and skillful in wisdom, endowed with knowledge, understanding, learning, and competent to stand in the kind's palace." But I also desire for them to be "a mighty man of God. You dream of him being a man of integrity, a man of principle, and a man who loves Jesus. You dare to hope that when the day of temptation comes, he will stand strong and fight
for Truth." more importantly!

Shonda said...

I do have dreams for my son. I want him to follow God with all of his heart and not make the mistakes we (his parents) have made. I want him to make good choices and be an upstanding man of God. Is that too much? Well, I know I should pray for my son to follow God and that is what I am doing right now with these Warrior Prayers. If he makes mistakes, which I know he will, I pray that God will help him through them.

Dawn said...

Hi, all. It has been a rough week in my house. My boys have been tough but I'm broken for other reasons too. Please pray for me. I linked up to Friday's blogpost but I just did it today. My blog is soidontforgettoday.blogspot.com, my post is called Prayer & Hope. Looking forward to this week of prayer.