Monday, September 19, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 14 (Kindness)


Today we pray for Kindness (page 31).

From Sally Clarkson:
There is so much more to say about this subject, but as I looked to God's design for men and saw the potential of my boys becoming strong, righteous men, I had the heart to become the mother that they needed me to be. One who had great respect for the holiness of manhood, even in the lives of the sweet boys that lived every day in my own home. And I girded my hands with God's strength to support and train them one day at a time.

For the whole article visit: "That Boy Needs a Strong Hand" Part 1Part 2 at the M.O.B. Society

Remember, kindness is not something that comes naturally. We're selfish, sinful beings who mostly want our own way. No, kindness is a learned art, usually caught by experiencing it first-hand from the hands of the people closest to us.

"Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." ~Romans 12:10

Question for Discussion:
*If you read Sally's article, what kind of  "strong hand" do you need to work on the most right now?


Tomorrow (9/20) we pray for Goodness (page 32).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I really enjoyed Sally's article. I think I need to work on longsuffering and understanding the most. Sometimes Jonathan is just so exhuberant and I'm not always the most understanding that this is part of being masculine- "No! You may not pull all the pillows off the couch and dive into them!" Lol. So I need wisdom in knowing where to draw boundary lines.

A side note, if you ladies could please pray for Jonathan- he came down with croup this weekend. We fight croup several times each Spring and Fall and it's just exhausting (and isolating) for both of us. Pray for joy and patience for me as I try to take care of my sick little boy and keep him somewhat entertained.

Shonda said...

We will be praying for your little Jonathan, Amanda! I need to work on understanding and longsuffering. My little guy is full of energy and no matter how we show him how to play gently, he ends up knocking toys all over the flow and just being destructive. I know he does this when he is bored or frustrated and I can't seem to figure out how to curb it! Lord, give me patience!!!

April said...

I enjoyed Sally's article, I just finished her book Ministry of Motherhood, great book!! I have to work on teaching and telling, always think to myself or to other adults but I need to project to my boys better. She touches on this in her book too, about picking qualities, and pointing them out to your children. I need to work on that, in fact when I was reading her book and would tell my son, he really took interest in what I was saying and would repeat it to Daddy or his Grandparents, he was proud that I was proud and noticed.
Amanda, I will for sure keep you and your son in prayer tonight and the rest of the week. Wishing you both well.