Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 2 (Obedience)


How did it go yesterday?  I hope you were able to find a time to pray for your sons that you can keep committed to.  I know it's hard with so many little ones running around, but make that time or pockets and time and keep it!
 

Today we pray for Obedience (page 13).

Oh, my, I struggle with this area on a daily basis.  My son's favorite word is "no" and as much as I coach him for the correct response when I ask him to do things (yes, mommy), I still come up against his sinful nature and it's DAILY and all day long.  I'm so worn out.  I'm so thankful for God's Word to pray over my son.  I know that consistency now will pay off in the future.  I'm praying today for Obedience!

Thoughts from Brooke:
Apparently God takes the way we raise our sons quite seriously.
Prayer.  This battle is best fought on your knees.

From the Leader's Guide:
Obeying God is ultimately linked to loving him.
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."  John 14:21

As we pray for our sons to have obedient hearts today, let's examine our own, and ask our Savior to help us live out His great love for us so that our sons will see how truly valuable it is.

Tomorrow (9/8) we pray for Submission to Authority (page 14).

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Yesterday, I spent time at the park praying. While I was walking the trails with my verses, I felt like I had been hit by a 2X4. I realized that before I can pray the Word for my boys, I need to pray it for myself. It was a very humbling experience to realize that I have completely neglected my own personal growth and yet here I am praying all of the things that I want for my boys when I haven't even taken the time to develop those things within myself in the past few years. So, on my very first day, I discovered that before I can pray the verses for my boys, I need to pray them for myself as well.

Dawn

April said...

Good Morning all!! I didn't comment yesterday because my reading and prayer was done very late and just went straight to bed! This morning I got my prayers for my boys done already but I will leave page out to continue through out the day. I also started the challenge last time but fizzled out mid way. I believe this time is diffrent and love the accountability that I feel already.

Shonda said...

Dawn- You are SO right. I felt that way when I first started praying these prayers. Yes, April! This is such great accountability for me too! I look forward to getting up and praying for my son and for each of you too!

Unknown said...

We have also used "listen and obey" with our boys since they were very little. I pray that they will recognize as they get older the importance of obeying God also. I'm loving praying for my sons throughout the day!!!

Amanda said...

Very true-- I felt the need to pray for not only my son and someday son-in-law, but myself and my daughter. The first prayer for obedience had me flat on my face this morning.