Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 15 (Goodness)


Today we pray for Goodness (page 32).

This is not a word I think of very often and I was very glad to see all these verses in the Bible with goodness.  Be sure to read what Brooke has to say in her article about Aiming for the Heart.

Article on the M.O.B. Society by Brooke: Aiming for the Heart

Question for Discussion:
*In our efforts to raise our sons are we teaching them that if they do good things they are good? Righteous even? If we teach them that being good is all it takes, if our discipline and training focuses on their behavior, how will they know they need a Savior?

Tomorrow (9/21) we pray for Faithfulness (page 33).

3 comments:

April said...

After reading Brooke's article today, the sentence that really spoke to me was:

Reaching a child’s heart takes time.  Behavior modification is much faster!  Am I willing to change things about my life so that I have the time to invest in the hearts of my children?

Something for me to meditate and work on.

I also did see a sign on a church recently that said " Your best is not Good enough"
Also something to think about.

Shonda said...

I love that sentence too, April. This morning was nice. My husband came down and prayed through the prayers for our son today together.

Kristine said...

Thank you for your email. I haven't been very faithful in my prayers, but I'm praying tonight. I'm thankful for your gentle nudging to my knees this evening, soft reminder of how valuable these prayers are. Thank you!