Friday, September 16, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 11 (Joy) and Link UP day!


Today we pray for Joy (page 28).

I have had a lot of hard experiences in my life and sometimes I don't show joy.  But everyday, my son wakes up with a smile on his face and says "Good morning, mommy!"  I need to take a few pointers from him because no matter what he always finds something to smile about.  I want his attitude with Christ's joy in my heart.  And I want to teach him about true joy in Christ.

From Brooke:
Salvation may be a once and forever event, but trusting in Christ is ongoing. Trusting in Christ's work of grace on the cross to be important enough to change my grumpiness to gratefulness. Trusting in Christ's work of grace on the cross to get me through a rough day with my children. Trusting in Christ's work of grace on the cross to be enough when I'm enduring tantrums in the grocery store. Trusting in Christ's work of grace on the cross when my sons choose their own will …

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." ~Psalm 28:7

Question for Discussion:
*What is something in your life that brings you joy?

Tomorrow (9/17) we pray for Peace (page 29).

Also, it's link up day! If you have blogged about this prayer challenge, please link up so we can read each others thoughts.

7 comments:

Shonda said...

What brings me joy? When my son wants to hug me, when my little baby girl smiles at me and when my husband calls me beautiful! (Just to name a few)

Amanda said...

Hearing my son sing hymns while he's on the potty always makes me smile! Hearing him say I love you. Watching my daughter try to communicate. Hmmm. I wonder if words of affirmation are my love language? lol.

April said...

When my youngest son says I love you, in a language that I could only understand. Seeing the the joy of being a child, the simple things bring happiness to them and that makes me happy. The chill in the air, that means fall is here and that brings great joy to me! This one is totally silly but the cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese from Panera Bread don't have it too much 2-3 times a year but it is my joy! My husband says I go into a food coma when I eat them all dazed and happy!

Shonda said...

OK, April, you got my mouth watering. I have a Panera Bread just 5 min away. I'll need to see when they serve that cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese!

melissa said...

Once again couldn't get my link to go...so here it is:
http://das-leben-der-lundquisten.blogspot.com/2011/09/warrior-prayers-halfway.html

Joy...hearing my son say to me tonight, "I like you." when I take time to read. time alone. or time just with my husband. baking. cooking. (but only when the recipes turn out!). photography. and tonight's tired feet - bed. :)

Shonda said...

I linked it up for you, Melissa.

Amanda said...

Mmmm. I hadn't thought of that bagel in a long time-- it's amazing! I may need to stop by Panera tomorrow morning!