Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Monthly Plan

*Bible Verse:  Psalm 17:8  "Keep me as the apple of your eye."    Songs for Saplings 
Bible verse activities from Totally Tots

*Brightly Beaming Resources:  We are using the Preparatory Curriculum for 2-4 year olds for Shrade



*Brightly Beaming Baby:  Nursery Age starting at 3 months for Jessna (lessons are for up to 1 year).  Each lesson is 2 weeks long and includes literature, poems, nursery rhymes, Bible, speech & vocab, classical music, lullaby, foreign language (I'm going to do some Spanish and sign language), baby game, exercise and baby massage.  I love these lessons because they give me a focus on what I can do to entertain my baby!  It's fun and she loves it.



*Sensory Play: (really need to work on this)
-jello
-playdough
-dig in dirt

Literature Connection:
- A is for Apple (Ten Apples Up on Top) Creative Explorations Kit from Lightning Bug Literacy

  
*Daily Music time: Songs from Music Notes and CD's we get at the library




*Art:
-coloring
-water painting

*Field Trips:
Playdates
MOPS
Zoo- free day
Nursery
Nature Center
Puyallup Fair- free day
Mall playground
Play to Learn


*Skills/Chores:
-When asking a question to mommy and daddy, begin with "May I please...?"
-wash hands
-taking off clothes and put in laundry basket- doing well
-putting clothes on-just started this
-drinking from cup- doing well!
-clean up toys- say "yes, mama" when asked without whining or crying
-throw away garbage/recycling
-clean up messes on the floor 
-put dishes in the sink
-help put dishes away from the dishwasher
-put clothes in the washer
-Help mama with the baby!
-Cooking with mama
-spelling name


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I really like how you have included skills and chores to work on with your son. I think I'll borrow some of your ideas- my son is just about a month younger than yours! :)